The 1949 Series 62 was the second year of the Harley Earl design with P-38 inspired tail-fins, and the first of the all-new post World War II Cadillacs.
The 1949 models incorporated for the first time the new 331 cubic inch overhead valve (OHV) 160 horsepower V-8 engine. It served for the next 18 years, with minor refinements, as the sole- source powerplant for all Cadillacs and was eventually to grow to 472 cubic inch and 340 bhp by the 1960s. The power, style, dependability and luxury of the 1948-49 Cadillacs demolished their competition from Packard and Lincoln and established for their generation that Cadillac was indeed the “Standard of the World.”
This car has 61,000 original miles on it, a cosmetically refreshed but not rebuilt V-8 engine and hydra-matic transmission, and was lovingly restored by Dick Hauser of Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania. He converted the color scheme to factory-correct Triumph Blue with Parchment interior.
There were 8,000 Series 62 convertibles made from a total production of 92,554 Cadillacs in 1949.
This car is without doubt one of a handful in near 100-point condition and is a past recipient of both an AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) Junior and Senior Award under Dick Hauser’s ownership. In May 2013, under Jim’s ownership, this vehicle was awarded “Best in Class” at the 48th Annual Fallbrook Vintage Car Show, one of the oldest AACA events in the Western United States.